The time has come!
If you keep up with this Blogazine, then you KNOW saving money is a conversation I enjoy having.
Here’s a cute way to revamp your wardrobe, save money and have a fun girls night in all at once! Have a clothing swap party. It doesn’t have to be a huge gathering; just have a couple of your closest friends over and eat food, drink wine and have fun.
Now, I know some of you may shake your head at this idea, but I promise it’s not that bad. Plus it’s time to clean out your closet anyway, why not share with your friends first everything you’re planning to get rid of.
Honestly though, if your friends are anything like mine, they go through your closet and take your things all year long.
A few tips to make the swap run smoothly:
- Choose a theme. It can be accessories, purses, shoes, or clothes.
- Tell everyone to bring at least two items. If the theme is jewelry, then everyone should bring two pieces, either a necklace and a pair of earrings, a bracelet, and necklace, and so on. The items don’t have to match, they just have to be in a “like new” condition.
- Have a display table, so that everyone can place their items on it and everyone can see what’s available.
- To be fair, you can draw numbers, or do a fake bidding so that everyone gets something and
- If there’s anything left, donate it to a local nonprofit.
Have you hosted or attended a clothing swap? Tell me about it below!